Beautiful places to visit in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka, the safe haven, boasts of many beautiful places. The breathtaking sandy beaches, the ancient cities with many buried secrets, the wonderful architectural monuments and buildings, the modern sky scrapers and of course the entertainment industry are all that add to the exquisite beauty of this Paradise Island. Creating a list of beautiful places to visit in Sri Lanka is definitely an impossible task! As the saying goes “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”. So here goes a short list of SOME of the beautiful places to visit in Sri Lanka.
1. Beaches – Most of the beaches in Sri Lanka, the Wonder of Asia, are a sight so pleasing that one cannot take their eyes off. Watching the sun set is such a magnificent sight at all these beaches that will leave one and all awestruck. Some such notable beaches are: Nilaveli at Trincomalee, Arugam Bay, Bentota Beach, Hikkaduwa Beach, Beach at Unawatuna, Mount Lavinia Beach, Passikuda Beach and many more. The best part is one can, not only enjoy the beauty and serenity of the beaches but also engage in water sports and activities.
2. Rocks and Caves – For those who are in love with climbing, these ancient wonders are a must see. These rocks and caves have been built in the ancient times with minimal resources but are a beautiful sight. The Rock Cave at Dambulla, The Sigiriya Fortress, The Galvihara at Polonnaruwa are few of the ancient wonders.
3. Mountain climbing, trekking and camping – some of the most beautiful places are high up the hill country. The breathtaking views, rare species of flora and fauna and the stunning waterfalls are worth the sweat. Some of the most popular climbs are: The Bambarakanda, The Knuckles Mountain Range, Piduruthalagala, Adams Peak and Dunhinda Waterfall.
4. Some of the most beautiful places to visit in Sri Lanka include the cities of Nuwara Eliya, Ella, Haputale and Horton plains which are covered in the lush green plantations. The salubrious climates and the natural beauty make these cities irresistible.
5. Gardens and parks – Sri Lanka is no short of exquisite nature parks and man-made gardens. A visit to these gardens and parks will give one memories to last a lifetime. Some such parks and gardens are: The Royal Botanical Garden Peradeniya, Huggala Park Nuwara Eliya, Birds Nature Park Kelaniya, Vihara Maha Devi park Colombo and Ranweli Spice Garden Kandy.
The above mentioned places are just a few in country that has no bounds to its beauty. Visit The Paradise Island to experience its true beauty and tranquility. A country one can never get tired of!