Evening Colombo Sightseeing by Jeep – Land Rover S1 (360° Visibility)
Compliment the 1940’s old style Land Rover War Jeep avoiding the trendiest transfers for a while. This Evening Colombo City tour is customized for a 4-5 members’ small group to sightsee the elegant Sri Lankan capital covering 360 degrees. The tour commences with your pickup…
Compliment the 1940’s old style Land Rover War Jeep avoiding the trendiest transfers for a while. This Evening Colombo City tour is customized for a 4-5 members’ small group to sightsee the elegant Sri Lankan capital covering 360 degrees.
The tour commences with your pickup by the chauffer from your hotel lobby at the evening. Your first stop will be the Galle Face Green which is more functioning during the evening time. Sceneries of the beautiful coast and the picturesque surrounding hotel architecture will make you busy in all the ways. Small boutique shops along the beach line and kites in the sky will be nicer too.
Leaving the Galle Face, you will be driving towards Slave Island passing number of significant landmarks such as Old Parliament, Dutch Hospital, Old Colombo Light House, Colombo Harbor and Grand Oriental Hotel.
Once you reach Beira Lake, get ready to drop down at the historic Gangamaramaya Buddhist Temple which is eye pleasing. Enter the temple on the lake to capture the photogenic views in and out the temple.
Again, the drive will continue towards Independence Memorial Hall (Independence square) passing War Memorial, Public Library, National Museum, and Lotus Flower theatre, Viharamaha Devi Park, The Colombo Municipal Council and Town Hall.
The Independent Square is one of the national monuments that commemorate the independence from British colonization. You can take pictures of this archeological site while spending sometime there.
Thereon, you will drive towards Bellanwila area to visit the Attidiya Bird Sanctuary a natural water bird habitat. You will be lucky enough to see few indigenous birds at this mangrove wetland. While enjoying the nature, give it a try to drive Land Rover S1 series war jeep by yourself.
When the dark cover the sky, get into the vehicle to go back to your hotel passing the night views of the city.
- A Good Driver
- Transfer (pickup and drop-off in Colombo)
- Travel by a private Land Rover Series I (1948) jeep
- Entry to Gangaramaya
- Bottled Water
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir of CD which contains a collection of photos, videos of your tour (Can be collected from us on the other day after the tour or a soft copy can be sent to you via email)
- Shopping tour
- DepartureFrom your Hotel in Colombo
- Departure TimeAround 4.00 PM
- Return Time7.30 PM
- Dress CodeCasual wears
4.15PM – 5.30PM
- Experience the western coast views from Galle Face Green and sceneries of surrounding elegant hotels
- Photo stops at Old Parliament, Dutch Hospital, Old Colombo Light House, Colombo Harbor and Grand Oriental Hotel.
- Sightseeing Ganagaramaya Buddhist temple on Beira Lake and capture the sceneries from inside the temple
- Drive along the landmarks such as War Memorial, Public Library, National Museum, Nelum Pokuna (Lotus Flower) theatre, Viharamaha Devi Recreational Park , The Colombo Municipal Council and Town Hall
- Step to iconic Independent Square (Independence Memorial Hall) and enjoy snakes, photogenic locations and people.
- Quick Photo stop at Replica of Aukana Buddha Statue in Bandaranaike Memorial Hall (BMICH)
5.45PM – 7.00PM
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Marshy Swamp and Local Water Birds
- Enjoy Jeep Self-drive
- Night views of Colombo city