Morning Colombo Tour by Land Rover War Jeep
A Morning Sightseeing tour around Colombo city by Open Air Land Rover Jeep. This morning tour covers archaeological sites and landscapes including Gall Face Green, Independent square & Attidiya Bird Sanctuary
This sightseeing tour is designed for a small group of 4-5 guests to travel in a Land Rover War Jeep that belongs to late 1940’s. The Open air jeep will permits you to enjoy the views, take videos and photos of the city’s happenings during the drive.
In the morning, the chauffeur will pick you from your Hotel and steer you towards the first stop of the itinerary. Galle Face Green beach and views of the closest top class hotels including Galle Face Hotel, Taj Samudra, Galadari and The Hilton will make the scenes brighter.
Quick stops at few archaeological sites such as Old Parliament, Dutch Hospital, Old Colombo Light House, Colombo Harbor and Grand Oriental Hotel are allowed to see and capture while you are on the drive. Next, you will visit Gangaramaya Buddhashram at slave Island. The ideal location of the temple fits for photo shoots with lake views and surrounding skyscrapers. You can enter the assembly hall of this small temple and look around the city.
Leaving Slave Island, you will travel towards Independent square, capturing the views of National Museum, Nelum Pokuna (Lotus Flower) Theatre, Viharamaha Devi Park, The Colombo Municipal Council and Town Hall.
Mean time, you sightsee the Independent Memorial Hall (known as Independent Square) enjoy some snakes while talking to people at the venue.
When time flies, you will reach the last attraction at Bellanwilla-Attidiya. This Bird Sanctuary is a mangrove park consisted with local water birds in wetlands. Witness the demonstrations of traditional fishing activities using “Wisi Dala” a type of local fishing nets and Toddy Palm rods next to the park. Retreat of Mangrove Boat ride and Old land rover self-drive will also exciting and enjoyable.
After completing the list of activities on your tour itinerary, the chauffeur will take you back to the hotel, ending a delightful city tour around the vibrant capital by a Land Rover War Jeep.
- A Good Driver
- Transfer (pickup and drop-off in Colombo),
- Travel by a private Land Rover Series I (1948)
- Entry to Gangaramaya temple
- Bottled Water
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir of CD which contains a collection of photos, videos of your tour (Can be collected from us on the other day after the tour or a soft copy can be sent to you via email)
- Shopping tour
- DepartureFrom your Hotel in Colombo
- Departure TimeAround 6.00 AM -6.30 AM
- Return TimeAround 9.30 AM - 10.00 AM
- Dress CodeCasual wears
6.30AM – 8.15AM
- Experience the western coast views from Galle Face Green and sceneries of surrounding elegant hotels
- Photo stops at Old Parliament, Dutch Hospital, Old Colombo Light House, Colombo Harbor and Grand Oriental Hotel.
- Sightseeing Ganagaramaya Buddhist temple on Beira Lake and capture the sceneries from inside the temple
- Drive along the landmarks such as War Memorial, Public Library, National Museum, Nelum Pokuna (Lotus Flower) theatre, Viharamaha Devi Recreational Park , The Colombo Municipal Council and Town Hall
- Step to iconic Independent Square (Independence Memorial Hall) and enjoy snakes, photogenic locations and people.
- Quick Photo stop at Replica of Aukana Buddha Statue in Bandaranaike Memorial Hall (BMICH)
8.30AM - 9.30AM
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Marshy Swamp and Local Water Birds
- Experience Traditional fishing using Wisi dala, a local fishing net
- Enjoy Jeep Self-drive