Private Sunset Adams Peak Tour from Colombo
Absorb the serenity, drink in the views and tap in to your spiritual side with the Adam’s Peak sunset tour that is the bang for its buck
Whether you believe that this is the place where Adam first laid his foot after being banished by heaven; or the mighty imprint of Lord Buddha during his third visit to Lanka, the foot mark of Lord Siva or St. Thomas; or the peak where butterflies go to die, the Adam’s Peak or Sri Pada has a name for it all. From Samanalakanda to Civan Oli Pata, its names hint of its spiritual and religious nature. The wonders of Adam’s Peak aren’t just fenced in with religious and spiritual wonders. Making the climb of Sri Lanka’s second largest mountain allows you to see the beauty of Mother Nature at its best.
Your driver-guide will pick you up from your hotel in Colombo and drive you to Adam’s Peak located in the Ratnapura district. The 5 hour drive is full of lush greenery, picturesque reservoirs and many other sights that will keep you occupied. The 7,500 feet tall mountain strikingly stands out as you view it from its base. Its height might intimidate you, but the treasures can only be viewed once you make the 6 hour trek to reach the summit. It is definitely a physical challenge; however the guides and the steps will help you a bit. If you are a first timer, then stick to the Buddhist tradition and avoid all pessimistic thoughts and take a white cloth to carry the blessings of god with you. Once you have enjoyed the wonderful scene of the sun setting below its horizon and casting a golden glow, relax a bit and start the 2 hour descent down the mountain.
On your way back to Colombo you can have an optional stopover at Kitugala where you can enjoy some water rafting or trek through a lush green rainforest to admire the flora and fauna. Apart from that you will also stop by at some breathtaking waterfalls where you can enjoy the spray of cool mist on your face and take some photographs worthy of a magazine spread.
- Round transport to and from hotel in air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver guide
- Meeting Arrangement
- Meals, unless specified
- Personal Expenses
- Unspecified services
- Airport taxes & Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) Fees
- DepartureAny Hotel in Colombo
- Departure Time10.00 AM (approximately)
- Return Time5.00 PM Next Day (approximately)
- Dress CodeCasual and comfortable wear. Make sure to bring along some jackets or sweaters as it can get a bit cold
At Adam’s Peak
- Admire the views of the unspoiled surroundings
- Watch the sun perform its magic as it sets
- Look at the indentation that resembles a footprint
- Start your 2 hour descent to the foot of the peak
- Water rafting
- Trek through a rainforest